Thursday, July 28, 2016

BASIC: EASY CHERRIE SYRUP

 Cherries!!!!! Yummy.  
When I was 12 years old I went to visit family in Germany and my mom's brother lived next to a Cherry farm.  Well guess who was eatting the cherries?  Me and my cousins that who.  Yummy.
I really want to say fresh picked, but no their fresh store bought. 

WARNING THIS WILL STAIN YOUR CLOTH
 When making cherry syrup you can make as much as you want or a little as you want.    And keep in mind this is not going to be a thick syrup.  

INGREDIENTS:
 2 cups Cherries
1/2 cup water
 1 or 2 Table spoons sugar.  If their really sweet less sugar, not so sweet more sugar.

Here is how I cut the cherries.  Of course I use two hands. Cut into the cherry until the knife hits the pit.  Turn the cherry and cut as close as you can around the pit.  And you should be left with the pit.  Watch out some times a little cherry flesh is left either on top or bottom, be sure to cut that off.


 Now that all the cherries are pitted, put all into a small pot.
 Add 1/2 cup water and sugar according to sweetness or sourness.
I added 2 tablespoons.
Turn to Medium High heat.

 Bring mixture to a boil, turn down to Medium low and let simmer for about 2 minutes. 
Here we have the Cherry flavored syrup and cooked cherries. 

This is excellent on oat meal or top on cold Sushi rice. 
Oh and this freezes well.

:)








No comments:

Post a Comment