Sunday, May 3, 2015

DRAIN OFF THE GREASE.

GREASE 
There was a total of 8 cans of grease in my freezer, two escaped the camera shot. Why am I showing you grease that is frozen.  8 can = about 16 ounces.   16 x 8 cans = 128 ounces of grease.  This is one month worth of grease that I drain off from meat and other meals.   I am a advocate for draining off grease,  because other wise this goes into your system.  YUCK.    4g of grease of any kind = 38 calories.  
So 16 x 6 teaspoons = 96 teaspoons.  96 teaspoons x 38 calories = a whopping 3648 calories. And that's just in one month.  In a full year 
43,786 and this does not include your daily intake of 2000 calories.   YEEOWCH!   I freeze them because their easier to throw away.  

I've always hated grease, my mom use to let the meat swim in it and as a child I hated that.   So after I cook my meal I tilt the pan push back the meat and drain it all off.  One pound of meat will  yield around two cups of grease.  But it also depends on the brand.  Another thing I do to extract more grease is to add one or a half of cup of water or soup broth to the meat. This in no way effects the flavor or cooking of the meat.  

Side note:  If I were to extract all the grease to show you them side ways, you would see it's grease all the way down.   


No comments:

Post a Comment